Thursday, April 15, 2010

Shadow of a Gown, Mystery of Godliness

The truth is that here is a gown. I know it is there and who is in it. I know that the vision is quite lovely. All you know is that the gown is aqua and has layers and is sparkly. The shadow on the floor gives it a mysterious, whispy touch. You can assume anything you want about the gown, the wearer, the shadow. Only I and the wearer know the truth about what the whole gown looks like and how the wearer looks in it. You just have to trust me with that and believe me.

So many people refuse to believe that God is real. I know He is real and that His spirit lives in me. I know He is Truth and because of that, I am free. I don't have to accept any guilty sinner bullets because every bit of that was taken care of at the cross. I don't have to take false accusations from twisted minded people either; that's for my Lord to handle. He knows my heart. He knows what I look like and how He looks through me. I don't need to make Him look good. He already does. I just need to let that come through. He's more than the shadow on the floor, more than the gown, more than the wearer of the finest outfit.

"He was manifested in the flesh,
vindicated by the Spirit,
seen by angels
proclaimed among the nations,
believed on in the world,
taken up in glory."
1 Timothy 3:16

No comments: