Friday, March 18, 2011

A Delight for Sore Eyes





After informing my husband that I need to completely focus so that I can whip out this stream of thoughts, my eyes begin to itch and burn. My visual ability is impaired but my mental focus isn't so bad....unless the allergy medicine kicks in!
What is a delight for your eyes? Assuming that you can see clearly, what do you look at that gives you a sense of sheer delight? My desire to capture beauty is something that comes from my soul. That seed of desire was planted while I was young. As a child, I enjoyed looking at things closely, mainly because I didn't have much to distract me and I could use my imagination. A half of a walnut shell could be a baby's bed, for example. A flower could be an umbrella. When I became a "Grown Up", my husband gave me a Minolta camera. My capturing-beauty-on-film endeavor came alive!
Studying objects, faces, and scenery through a lens brings it, them closer to me. The delight for my eyes travels to my spirit and gives me a happy, satisfied feeling. By doing this, I believe at times, that I am also studying God. I see His creation up close and personal, which gives me tremendous respect and admiration for what He has done for us. I love Him and I want to be a good steward of my part of the earth, without worshipping the earth. I worship my God, the creator.
"...all that is in the world- the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions- is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away, along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever." 1 John 2:16,17
Someday, hopefully soon, God will give us a new earth that is fully bathed in His glory and righteousness. I will no longer need a camera to capture images in order to own the beauty. I will be owning it, seeing it with renewed, glorified eyes. THAT will be a delight like none other!


2 comments:

Cowboy's Gypsy said...

Gail
you so perfectly described what I feel when I take a good photo!
what wows me, inspires me???
flowers, tons of them in harmonious colors-
old homes pre-1900- that are lovingly restored,
old porches, inviting neighbors to sit and chat and share iced tea, crystal,
china dishes and cups(old English style florals)
scents: I am super sensitive to scents and love florals,
shabby chic-English garden styles....everything in blues, greens, mauves/rose, lavender, white, with a little yellow thrown in
silky, plush fabrics and lace, lots of lace
and "sink in to me" furniture
trees, bushes, overgrown secret gardens, green mossy creeksides,
the sound of running water,
the sound of birds
the sight of bluebirds and orioles and canaries..and newborn speckled fawns
a stream-side cabin in the woods-with lots of windows and a fireplace
an old wood cooking stove and vintage kitchenware
candles & lamps, expecially victorian lamps with fringe and lace...
there is so much that wows me....
I love your blogs!
I would love to get emails reminding me of a new blog post - how can I get notified? I always forget the blog names, addresses and my password and stuff...it's all too complicated and I'm missing them in the meantime...Help! let me know an easier way to follow your blogs!
keep writing, who knows you may even inspire me!

Anonymous said...

Love you Gail girl. I am praying for you and your family as you go through the valley with your Momma.

((((HUGS!))))