Monday, October 11, 2010

I Don't Like Blah

Sometimes, this town really drives me nuts. I go into this slump because I guess maybe I'm sick of the way things are. I'm not really a country girl at heart; I tolerate it. But it gets to me when I really want to be out in the evening but there's nothing to do after seeing the grandwonders and their parents, or if we don't want to see a movie, or if it's not Fellowship group night and there's nothing going on at church and the mall closes at 8, so the whole area closes down and looks like the entire town died or is almost dead. So, we're at home, glazed over...me at the computer 'cuz I can usually find something interesting here, my boy is playing with his dog, and Hubby is at the other computer. I need to put music on; that always helps. It's too dark for photography, besides, I already used up my clicking energy taking birthday shots of my dear little Andrew, the 4th Grand. The absolute cure for this slump, I think, would be to get out of Dodge and visit the big city this Saturday. I dream of having the time to go see something classy and civilized like a ballet or the Art Museum. I've never gone to a ballet and only twice to the Art Museum in all my 53 years. Life is zooming by and I have alot to live for and experience. But I feel I am being squelched, closed in, inhibited, because I LIVE HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you think this is bad, never vacation in Solvang. They close everything at 5 p.m. LOL.

I'm an outdoors freak as you know and we never get bored. I think it's all a matter of finding something to do like really hiking--going out into remote areas where the chances of finding wildlife are bigger. Sometimes we come across things by going off trail that we wouldn't have found if we hadn't of hiked so very far.

Amelia said...

Hi sweet Gail! How far is the city from you? You and hubs ought to go venture to a symphony or something every 3 or 4 months. For me? I'm going back to the country. I'm writing a blog on it. Does your family ever do game nights? That is fun. : ) Ya know Gail, for me living in the burbs has gotten old, the people are polite but most I know of are too busy to even talk. And also many of them are very interested in materialistic things, *sigh* I don't know...I've come to the conclusion that if I don't have anyone to visit with every now and then in the burbs...then I may as well be in the country with the beauty of it where quiet and stillness mean something....Do you have acreage nearby? Maybe that kind of change would be good for your family? I do know when we move to the country the city may be a place we go to every now and then for the museum etc. That is how it was before when we lived in the country.

I sure hope you are feeling better Gail. (((hugs)))